add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Xperia z5 screen flickering

otghere614
  • 37 months ago

I used my phone to take a video underwater. It was working very well after, I was even able to view my videos. Unfortunately after sometime, the screen was unresponsive, I tried blowing the usb port to rid it of water and restarting, after restarting, the screen was flickering, P.S. the phone works fine, only problem is the screen. Now I've turned it off and placed it inside a plastic bag full of rice. Will the screen have permanent damage.

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Potentially permanent water damage...

If push comes to shove, take out at battery and soak the phone in distilled and deionized water. Let it dry and reinsert the battery, this can sometimes remove conductive residue that is still messing up a phone after it has been exposed to water.

[comment deleted]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

that's unfortunate. luckily, it should still be ok with the battery in. Deionized water is not conductive.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

And becomes conductive given a chance to be around impurities...

So you'll kill your phone anyway

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

i mean, depends how much residue is in the phone. If it is enough to render a gallon of deionized water conductive, then the phone is dead anyways.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

No, the metal body within a phone, or any of the metals on the PCB, or even the PCB itself

Water likes stripping anything and everything it possibly can, especially metal (because they just can't hold electrons), so have it touch any of that and a few seconds later it'll be dead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAZRPXWy_nM&index=4&list=PL8mG-RkN2uTxaG7pz3feWGG2AwCM-W4nG (4:43)

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

It is just slight flickering. You can still visibly see pictures. I tried searching google and all they say is place it with rice; haven't seen any follow up information. The battery is built in.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Was it salt water? IP68 is only for Fresh water

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Pool water

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube