add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Inno3D GTX 1080 Ti iChiLL X4 quad fan question.

Songster

35 months ago

Hello all. I have decided to replace my Evga Classified 770 4gig, with a 1080 Ti. I have been going with EVGA for many years now, but I was reviewing the Inno3D GTX 1080 Ti iChiLL X4 quad fan, and of course, it has 3 fans across, and one small fan placed on the side. Do you all think that is kind of a gimmick, or do you all believe that it will give better cooling to the card in a reasonable way. I'm uncertain, and I want to know what you guys think about that.

Comments

• 35 months ago
  • 2 points

Gimmick, all the way. It just makes it louder.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

but it will also make something else louder as well

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

??

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Thanks Shark.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

Np.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 35 months ago
  • 1 point

I do agree with that.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

EVGA 1080ti over other brands solely on aesthetic.

I am wanting to go with EVGA solely based off their customer support. Just hoping they release a FE card but no news yet :/.

That FTW3 1080Ti is a beaut though.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

They will be releasing a FE card, along with the typical lot (ASUS, MSI etc) . Not really massively marketed as its just a FE and I expect they are all one in the same and not distinct from other brands FE cards, mainly the AIB cards like FTW3 that they will hype.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

I didn't realize anyone but Nvidia was releasing FE cards until today. People were saying FE would be Nvidia exclusive like the Titan..so this is good news to me. Nvidia is lax on warranty which is nice. Nvidia I feel like would screw you over if they have the chance.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

Heh, yeah like you lining up for the EVGA models so asked the store. I believe its only the Titan X Pascal that is exclusively Nvidia and that the Ti will sell in enough quantity that it warrents AIB selling FE cards aswell.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube