add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

KabyLake & Windows 7

SubNauticaWaterWorld47

33 months ago

Does anyone have experience with this? I really don't want to upgrade to windows 10.

Comments

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Its really going to be a total shot in the dark with how it works for you since its not official supported and games are going to start requiring DX12 and MS first party games require Windows 10 so you might as well hop on board the Windows 10 train or be stuck in the past, MS is basically forcing you to at this point.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Could I buy a intel compute stick with windows 8.1 and just give that to my dad for internet browsing.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Maybe but seriously just use Windows 10 instead of downgrading the PC.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Would selling my current cpu & motherboard to get a small pc to separately run windows 7 be a bad idea. I would just buy a ssd for my gaming rig and put my current hard drive in the other pc.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Why not win 10?

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Because my father hates the layout.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm sure there are some classic shell's for Windows 10 that convert it to look like 7.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh please give a link.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Try this. Appears to be helpful and at least a good place to start.

[comment deleted]
  • 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Not sure I'll have to ask and see if I can turn it off.

[comment deleted by staff]
[comment deleted]
  • 33 months ago
  • 1 point

To be honest, you should suck it up and do the upgrade. Windows 7 won't be supported in a few years, and Windows 10 isn't too different in appearance from Windows 7.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

I am fine with windows 10 but my father works with windows 10 for 8 hours a day and prefers windows 7.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Your Dad is A OK with me , i can't stand Win 10 either and i tried it numerous times and the longer i use it the more i hate it. MS is always changing things and adding things , a complete nightmare to me.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

I am thinking of using an emulator to make windows 10 work similarly to windows 7.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Excellent .

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

But I still prefer my windows 7.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Yup, Win 7 for me , i tried 10 numerous times and the more i use it the more i hated it lol.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube