• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

SubNauticaWaterWorld47 26 months ago

I was considering waiting on Ryzen to see what it has to offer but some people have brought up some good points. First is that Ryzen will not be in supply like the 480 series at launch, two is that we have very little concrete information on Ryzen's performance and pricing, and three is that if Ryzen is a flop like bulldozer then intel could raise prices of current chips. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4jgTjc this is the list of components I will be buying but I am not sure if I want to wait. All I can remember is that Ryzen is suppose to offer more cores for less.

Comments Sorted by:

Allan_M_Systems 5 points 26 months ago

Unless you need a machine now, I would wait. If ever there were a time worth waiting to see what's behind the curtain, that time is now.

Intel has had price control of the market for a long time now and has held steady to basically the same price structure for consumer products now for nearly 5 years. There's no reason to believe they would suddenly raise prices after Ryzen launch regardless of how Ryzen compares.

If the price rumors are true, then AMD will be offering essentially an i7-6800K class CPU for i5-7600K prices. If you build that machine now, and this comes true, your CPU will drop in value by about half on ryzen release day, and you'll be kicking yourself for not waiting. On the other hand, if you wait, the only thing you have to loose is the time using that machine between now and then. The market will be more favorable to those buying CPU's and motherboards after that release than before.

SubNauticaWaterWorld47 submitter 1 point 26 months ago

Do we even have a concrete release date for RYZEN.

[comment deleted]
Kakarotto 4 points 26 months ago

I think the chances of Ryzen being legit are good.

In the months before Bulldozer launched, a few AMD executives quit. Also the stock price was quite stable before Bulldozer launched and I don't recall AMD throwing an event like New Horizons months before Bulldozer launced.

This time around, AMD is practically celebrating the launch of Zen. AMD's stock was around $3 a share around Memorial day 2016, now it's around $13 a share. Also, a small number of good looking benchmarks have been leaked. IIRC, some of the leaked Bulldozer benchmarks from the summer of 2011 didn't look very well. The feel of this launch seems a lot better than Bulldozer's launch.

uberlizard 1 Build 3 points 26 months ago

No, ryzen will certainly not be a flop. The specs i've seen are really, really good. I'd wait.

Also quick note is that I am running windows 7 and will only be gaming.

[comment deleted]

Will I have to upgrade to windows 10 for kabylake.

[comment deleted]