add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

If I were to upgrade my 6500, what would make the most sense?

NicoMan2240
  • 41 months ago

I know Kaby Lake has released to the public, and it'll be here for a while, so if I were to upgrade my 6500, would it make more sense to upgrade to a 6700K or 7700K? Granted, I'd have to buy new motherboards for both to be able to experience overclocking. So is it worth it to buy a 7700K and Gigabyte Z270 board more than a 6700K and Asus Z170 AURA? (I'm looking to get an RGB board, decided to go color scheme. Which is rainbow).

Any tips or suggestions will help.

Comments

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I would get the one you can get your hands on for the lowest price. The MRSP of KabyLake is supposedly lower than Skylake to try and counter Ryzen's upcoming CPUs so keep an eye out for price drops.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Alrighty. Thanks.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube