add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Can't connect to Internet at all times or signal is very low.

NicoMan2240
  • 41 months ago

I moved my setup from my living room to my bedroom. However, as I could connect to the internet well in my living room, I can't in my bedroom. I know it's a distance problem, so I was wondering any somewhat cheap products that could help connection. I can't move the router to my room because I don't have a outlet made like that. And I can't use an ethernet cable because that would have to be a waylong cable and i can't just route it throughout the house. So, any ideas on what I could use that are reliable and easy to use?

Comments

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Get better antennas, on the router too if they're changeable, the higher db rating the better, available from all the usual places like newegg etc.

Or you could try the tin foil trick (aluminum foil I guess if you're american) google "wifi tin foil trick" :D

edit. like talby suggested :lol:

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

You can try power line, i hear that it works very well

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube