add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is it worth building and selling pc's?

StarksGaming101
  • 78 months ago

Hi, i am thinking off buying pc components and putting them together to form a gaming pc, i fell in love building pc's but i have only built one from scratch before but i really want to build more, but i also want to earn abit of money from it to fund for a better pc for my self and a better gaming experiance, i am only 14 years old and i wanted to ask you guys if you think it is worth me doing this idea of building and selling pc's and how much money i would be making from it. Thank you very much :)

Comments

• 78 months ago
  • 4 points

This is seriously a very risky thing to do. As a 14 year old, investing money into something you've only started doing (and is not ensured business at all) is a bad decision. If somehow you had connections to people who are unable to build it themselves, sure... but I don't think you do. What I'd do is take small steps, try to ask people who want to upgrade their computers to allot you a price range and have you build it for them (then charge them about ~50 on top of the price of the PC.

The problem with your plan is that you're still young and don't really have experience or a background in computers. And when people think of building computers, they're usually thinking about gaming... which, frankly, almost all gamers know how to build computers. At the least, they know to buy some decent desktop for cheap and upgrade the pieces inside.

• 78 months ago
  • 3 points

I don't think you'd make a great deal, building 1 computer at a time. Especially at the moment where consoles have stolen the limelight. Unless you get lucky, of course.

I usually sell my builds soon after completing them, though I do it to fund more builds rather than to make money. I usually put them on Gumtree for around £50-100 more than what I paid. There can often be a long wait however (1-2 weeks), though this will depend where you live.

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

My starting budget is around £250 to £300

• 78 months ago
  • 2 points

You have to custom builds. You can't build a computer and try to sell it and make money. You make very little either way

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

You could build pcs for friends or family who havent got the knowledge or time to do it themselves. Thats what I do and I usually get around 20-30€ for each pc built.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube