add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Painting SSD

rosswalker
  • 44 months ago

Would I be able to just pain the red line on this SSD, or something along the lines of that? I want to make it a deep purple once I get it. Maybe a strip of 3M carbon fibre?

PNY CS1311

Comments

• 44 months ago
  • 2 points

You can, but personally I'd just print out a design on high quality paper and use a light adhesive to stick it to the drive instead of painting on the case directly.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

I wouldn't recommend painting your SSD as that might void your warranty. You should carefully review your warranty first. Besides, I wouldn't recommend PNY in the first place.

• 44 months ago
  • 0 points

I wouldn't recommend PNY in the first place

sighs why is that?

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Likely preference of MLC and 3D TLC over typical run of the mill TLC.
and
Pathetic lab and real world 4K mixed benchmarks: UserBenchmark

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

I was expecting it to be because of them doing a switch and bait on the Optima and not because of that. If that is his reason its perfectly valid.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

But he said PNY, not that PNY SSD in particular. Based off his past reasons for not recommending PNY it's likely because of the unexpected occasional use of SandForce controllers in the Optima and his USB flash drives from PNY failing.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

You could but it could be a ten foot mod depending on how it goes.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Its just the red strip, this is the rest of the build. Now that I think about it, the hdd/ssd would be covered anyway...

Also, how is this motherboard for overclocking, do you have any idea?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor £212.99 @ Novatech
CPU Cooler CRYORIG H5 Ultimate 76.0 CFM CPU Cooler £30.00
Motherboard MSI Z170A SLI PLUS ATX LGA1151 Motherboard £104.72 @ Amazon UK
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory £60.00
Storage PNY CS1311 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive £52.97 @ CCL Computers
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive £39.40 @ BT Shop
Case Corsair Carbide 400C ATX Mid Tower Case £81.99 @ Ebuyer
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply £74.99 @ Amazon UK
Other Sapphire RX 480 Nitro £249.94
Other Black/Silver/Purple PSU cables £70.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £977.00
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-07-10 18:55 BST+0100
  • 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Its a decent board for overclocking. Damn at those RX 480 prices. Just as much as a R9 390 or a GTX 970 was. I was expecting it to be in the ~160 pound range in the UK. That is $322 USD!!!!

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

I know... I can get a used 980 for cheaper which I might do if I can still get them at Christmas

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube