add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Headphones that Meet the Requirements?

NicoMan2240
  • 47 months ago

I'm Looking for a pair of headphones that meet the following:

Under $200

Noise-Cancelling

Over-Ear

Detachable Microphone

Wired

Black

Good Reviews

Comments

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Would noise isolating be enough?

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, Noise Isolating will be fine. As long as I hear what I'm listening to more than my brother yelling on his Xbox.

[comment deleted]
  • 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Noise isolating physically blocks outside sound from getting to your ears while noise canceling makes it so that unwanted sound waves are negated inside the headphones.

Active noise cancellation can work much better than noise isolation, but is much more expensive. Noise isolating is usually good enough unless you are in a particularly noisy place.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

If you want a headset then i recommend the hyperx cloud 2, if you want headphones then get any good pair of headphones and slap a modmic on it

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

any good pair of headphones and slap a modmic on it

Never heard of modmic until now but did a quick search. Seems expensive for what it is... I suppose if you have an awesome pair of headphones and need a mic, it's cool but still kinda pricy for what it is.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

It is kinda expensive, I would love too see a cheap, decent ripoff :P

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

its 40 bucks not too bad

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

For just a microphone? Eh.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

i guess its a bit expensive. Just get it on sale on like black friday or boxing day or something

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Beats

IDK, I do know that there are some nice headphones branded toward XBOX that are sweet.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

You can buy these and attach this to it, defenitely a bit clampy, but buy the XL Ear pads, and they will feel nice. And you can always bend the headband outwards, if you don't like it clampy. Plus, it comes with a case included and everything mentioned is totaled under $200

• 47 months ago
  • -1 points

if you can afford the extra $50 these are awesome!

https://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-Crossfade-Over-Ear-Noise-Isolating-Headphone/dp/B00A39PPCG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1467766861&sr=8-1&keywords=vmoda+m100

You can attach the V moda boom mic which is highly praised microphone as well.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

It's bass overtakes the other sound elements of the headphones.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

I dont think youve ever listened to these headphones because that is definitely not the case.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

You can literally look at what these headphones are designed for. I'm not saying that the bass is bloated, but the headphones are designed to focus on the bass. The headphones are great for music with a lot of bass and EDM, as well as immersion in some video games, but if you want to hear your enemy and where they are, the bass covers all that up and on top of that, because the headphones are closed, they only have a small soundstage. They certainly aren't bad, but they are a bit niche. These headphones are literally labeled as headphones for people who are bass heads or people who listen to music with more bass.

EDIT: From your description, you are a rock fan and I'm sure the focused bass of the V-Moda help with bringing out the bass guitar and with rock music in general.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

The highs are quite bright on the M100's and the mids sound fantastic as well. They are not just bass boosted with distant sounding mids or treble at all. As someone who really enjoys the Senn 598's and Beyerdynamic DT series, I can tell you that i enjoy a brighter sound and love the details. The M100's are pretty bright above the 4k and really have great bass impact. There isn't a remarkable amount of bass by any means but the punchiness and control is really very good. Like I said, I dont think you've ever heard the M100's, otherwise your response would be very different.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

When I first said the bass overtakes the other sound elements I had phrased my thoughts completely long (and was too late to edit it).The V-Moda M100 is a bassy headphone. The Mids and Highs are there and they're detailed, but the bass is brought out. Here are some user reviews from Head-Fi which contains people far more experience then myself.

Pros: Excellent mobile headphone, really great chest-hitting bass, fairly detailed, non-fatiguing treble, folding mechanism is sturdy, modular design

The title of a professional review from Inner Fidelity, A Basshead's Delight: V-Moda Crossfade M100 has a few things to say about the bass:

The V-Moda M-100 has dramatically emphasized bass, nominally up about 8-9dB over the mid-range. That's a lot of bass, and it starts to kick in from 400Hz to 200Hz. Read more at http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/bassheads-delight-v-moda-crossfade-m-100-page-2#xDGMLs7DQHBY7WpK.99

My point is and has been that these headphones are niche. They are bassy and for games where you want the competitive edge, these don't cut it. They do well for immersion in an RPG or something. Musically speaking, unless the consumer is listening to something that has a lot of bass, it would probably be a better choice to go with something that has a more neutral sound or balanced sound. The Inner Fidelity review says that genres similar to acoustic and smooth jazz would do better to have a thinner upper base/ lower mids. I'm sure the control of the M100 has been great as it has been stated over and over, but with no specifications from the OP, it is rather niche.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

$50+$30=$80 over? That's nearly half the budget

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube