add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Anyone noticed a somewhat big increase of price in parts lately?

NicoMan2240
  • 47 months ago

For example, the Samsung 850-EVO 250GB SSD went from around $70-80 to $90-100. The Powercolor Radeon PCS+ R9 380 4GB went from around $180 to about $205.

I think it's just me, I just haven't seen very many cheap prices or price drops lately.

Comments

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Makes me a bit happier I kept my 850 EVO, but I noticed it as well.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

I checked, and you're right? I got EVO-850 256gb last month for $84.99 hmmm very strange??. Well, I noticed that most of all the price increases were from Samsung. Maybe Due to all the possitive data from AMD is causing Samsung to try to make all the money they can before ZEN 8/16 , and the new 480/490 gpu. Come, and grab a huge share of the market soon?

I have been following what little AMD information is available, and in my opinion I think that the ZEN 8/16 will most likely be more efficient than the i7-6700k? I don't know how much more, but more. Then you have the RX-480, and the RX-490 around the corner that is going to give Nvidia a run for that share of the market.

I do not know, but as some of us that are rooting for AMD to do very well when I read all the data I can't help, but to feel very optimistic that AMD is getting ready to at least make things very interesting. With performance, and price "Equally."-

I say this because from the information available I think There is going to be some, or many happy PC Enthusiast out there in the next 6-9 months I do believe. I also so believe that AMD's prices are not going to be as high as some might speculate, and here is why I believe that. AMD has very low overhead, and has always tried to deliver a decent product for a very fair price. When I built my 1st rig I could not afford Intel. I just couldn't So my 1st rig was a AMD - A10-7890k APU/R7-250GPU, and for a 1st timer I was very pleased. As I saved my money over the next few months I built my Rendering Rig with Intel, and I'm also very pleased, but not pleased enough to spend that kind of money AGAIN!!!! Yes I'm just an average joe with limited PC funds.

Yes I wish I could afford a I7-6950xtreme, but I can't, and I never will be able to. So here is my HOPE&DREAMS all wrapped up in one I Truley believe with all my heart that AMD charges around 200. dollars for 8 cores. That's about 25 a core. If you add 8 more thats 400. I do not see them charging more than 30 dollars a core. So here is just my prediction. I predict in my opinion that the new ZEN 8/16 will be somewhere between 350, and 500, and I would be SHOCKED if it were on the high side just shocked. I think it will be very close to 350-400., and the AMD ZEN 6/12 core/thread will be 199-299 tops.

Please keep in mind if they go crazy expensive then they've done nothing- nothing, because no one would be able to afford it anyway, but that's not going to happen, because AMD is about to get back in the game Bigtime. IN 2017 I would also be SHOCKED if the I7-6950 was not around 799.00 Yes Now I am no great Guzoo on the Flintstone's or Merlin the magician, but Things are getting ready to change, and as sure as I'm writing this post a year from now it will have changed. The PC market will have changed. I think most, or 60% will be AMD , and the other 40% will be the newer technology sliding in 2017 forcing the older technology down as always.

Hopefully My next computer build 2017 will be 8/16 ZEN with RX-390, and I think I will still have some lunch money left over. Sincerely Riggo44

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

How did you get from a 850 Evo to Zen? Lol

[comment deleted]
  • 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok, but why this on a topic about price inflation?

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

He can talk about it if he wants lol. Half the topics created don't remain pertinent to their intended topics of conversation.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

I guess

[comment deleted]
  • 47 months ago
  • 1 point

pk, but I still wonder why here and now. Also, I think we should worry abut world hunger before we get deca core computers for the masses :)

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd say to increase the price of the 850 to draw attention to the 750

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

ah, good point!

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

And maybe because people would still be willing to pay the high price even when SSDs like the Zotac PE and PNY CS2211 exist. 500GB 850 EVO's price is still pretty much the same though.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 47 months ago
  • 1 point

I bet you can only get in in the "karma store." Lol

[comment deleted]
  • 47 months ago
  • 1 point

The Amd X4 860k used to be $60-70. It went up at least $10

[comment deleted]
  • 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Transition?

[comment deleted]
  • 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh. So Supply and Demand basically? And I'd imagine the new project being the series of GPU's coming out.

[comment deleted]
  • 47 months ago
  • 1 point

oh.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah with the RX 480 coming out. Samsung SSD's aren't that expensive. Just paying more for the name than needed.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah. The brands like A-Data, OCZ, and PNY are getting those budget sales. Samsung does have very fast SSD's indeed, and they're 250GB+ are fairly priced, just lower them to like $60-70 and BOOM, sales. They're basically yelling don't buy the 120GB, just spend like $20+ for the 250GB though.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah. Speaking of which (even though we aren't) could you help me on my other previously made topics?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube