add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Odd Wifi issue.

vagabond139

43 months ago

I am using my neighbors wifi so I can't really change any settings or anything at all though I don't think this has anything to do with it but then again it may, I'm clueless when it comes to most in depth network settings. About 75% of the time I'm use my wifi on my phone it disables the wifi on my PC and it only happens when I am connecting to this wifi. However lets say I've been away here from a while or something I can use both without a issue for about a week but the same problem returns. I am wondering what in the world could be causing this.

Comments

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Weird indeed...

So you are using wifi in your pc, then you grab your phone, use wifi in your phone, then your pc has no wifi?

The pc is still connected to the wifi?

Try messing with the driver of your pc, in particular:

Right click on the WiFi icon

Select "Open Network and Sharing Centre"

Click "Change adapter settings" on the left

Richt click "WiFi"

Select "Properties"

Then "Configure"

Then the "Advanced" tab

Search for type, get b/g/n or something like that

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Weird indeed...

Yup. Thankfully in a couple of months back to a Ethernet connection. The worst thing is that my phone will turn its wifi back on by itself so if I'm playing BF4 or something I will get disconnected due to my phone.

The pc is still connected to the wifi?

No, once my phone connects to it it will usually disconnects although I may get lucky and both can use wifi at the same time.

get b/g/n or something like that

That is already selected.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

The worst thing is that my phone will turn its wifi back on by itself

Is it... possessed???

Maybe the router is old/misconfigured?

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Is it... possessed???

Kinda.

Maybe the router is old/misconfigured?

Maybe but I don't think that would explain why it works sometimes with my phone on for about a week and then it stops working.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

The worst thing is that my phone will turn its wifi back on by itself

Maybe its the router's fault and your phone just re-connected to it?

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

It sounds like the wireless ap has a device limit, then when both your computer and phone connect to the wifi it hits it's limit and kicks one of them. But sometimes one of the neighbor's devices will not be on so you'll be able to use both, that's my theory at least.

If this is correct the solution would be to get a wifi repeater and connect your phone and computer to it.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

There has been 4 more devices on it than the current amount and the same problem still happens so its not a device limit

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube