add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Building a PSU Shroud (or relocation of PSU)

Coop2860
  • 46 months ago

I have a Corsiar Carbide Series Spec-02 case, with an Asus ATX motherboard installed. Problem is, the cables run just over the PSU to the bottom of the motherboard. These include: Front Panel Lights and Switches 3 Fan Cables Fan controller data cable

Along with all the other cabling from my PSU. I want to know a way to build a PSU shroud (or relocate the PSU to somewhere else in the case(?)) in order to hide those cables and improve aesthetics overall. Any ideas?

Comments

• 46 months ago
  • 2 points

Piece of plexiglass/polycarbonate from the hardware store, and a heat gun. If you dont have a heatgun its about $15 dollars at the hardware store. Depending on the size plexi you need anywhere from $5-$10. Lay the plexi on your counter near the edge, half off, heat it up slowly and let it fall over to create a nice 90 degree angle. Cut to size. If you paint the underside of the plexi it will have a nice gloss finish to it. If you want more of a matte finish paint the top half of the plexi. Get some velcro at the store and attach it. Very easy, will look nice.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok, will take into consideration. Problem is, there isn't much room between the bottom of the motherboard and the top of the PSU. I would be worried about clearance, which is why I'm thinking some thin sheet metal might work. My case is painted to look really metallic and I'm not sure if glossy or matte would compliment it well.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

You can get thin plexi. You'll have to worry about conductivity also if the clearance is that much of an issue too. There is plenty of metallic paint out there, just don't paint the underside. Paint the top half and hit it with a coat or two of clear to get a semi gloss look.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok, thanks.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

I have a Spec 02 case as well. I was just wondering, since it seems as though you care about cable management, do you know of any rubber grommets I can order to cover those revealing cable management holes on the side of the motherboard? If I can find some rubber grommets to cover those holes and if I can create a PSU shroud using the method construct suggested, I think I would be able to conceal my cables quite well.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

I was facing the same problem, but I couldn't find anything. Maybe we'd have to make another thread.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube