add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is My Build Good For What it Is?

MarcEbrainz
  • 48 months ago

Going to be playing CoD, Battlefield, and Cs:Go, and I want to achieve the higher amounts of fps, but not on ultra or high settings (crappy and colourblind eyes, doesn't make a difference). Build: CLICK ME

Comments

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

I dont see any GPU is this correct?

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Running on the integrated graphics won't be enough., so I'd spend $150-180 on a graphics card. Something like a R9 380 or GTX 960 for close to $150 is a great buy. They tend to yield 50+ average FPS on very high to near-max settings (1920x1080). For around $125, you've got the GTX 950, but spending the extra $25 is worth it. Some may recommend the 480 for $200 (releasing around June 30), but it's kinda overkill. It'll very likely get you much higher average FPS on similar settings, compared to the r9 380, so that call is up to you.

An i5-6500 or even an i3-6100 would get you the performance you're looking for, but I'd stick to at least an i5-6500 since you can afford it. The i5-6600k might be wasteful, but it'll 'slow down' the PC's time until obsolescence. It's only an extra $15 (+ $30+ for the cooler), so it's usually worth it.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm not running on integrated graphics, and I'll be needing the unlocked processor, because I will be overclocking... Not sure what you're trying to tell me. My Gpu is the r9 380... if my first link didn't work then this one shouldn't. Click Me

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube