add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Help picking a monitor!

alplayer01
  • 48 months ago

Hello!

this is the build: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/fhkpgL

I have absolutely ZERO knowledge of monitors, I see people talking about 1080, 2k, 4k.. yet I don't understand what these are.. Can someone briefly explain what I should be looking for in a monitor?

Also, is it build dependent?

• I need a cheap simple monitor for gaming, I don't want super strong monitors.. all I need is a monitor that run games perfectly without extra stuff that are not needed (I'm a simple man)!

thanks!

Comments

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Picking a monitor strongly depends on your gpu. They are like 2 best friends. With that graphics card, as we don't yet know how well it performs I will just stay at 1080p (full HD) 60hz but I am sure it can push to 144hz. 60 Hz will basically limit to the fps of any game to a max of 60fps because the monitor only refreshes the screen 60 times a second. With 144hz however it gets a little confusing as you will need free-sync to stop the screen tearing. The 480 might be able to push 1440p however, there is no definite answer of how well the RX 480 performs so if I were you, I would wait for benchmarks so we can find the right monitor. The benchmarks should come to YouTube by the start of next month.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

If the Rx 480 can push 1440p however, I would recommend this simple but good quality, cheap AOC Q2778VGE. You can an "expert reviews" of this monitor here: http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/accessories/pc-monitors/1404147/aoc-q2778vqe-review And some other reviews here. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824160253

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

You mean by benchmarks: Sapphire, MSI, Gigabyte?

How long do you think they are going to take after the actual release of the card?

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

By benchmarks I mean how many fps the Rx 480 does at a certain setting. Some channels will release benchmarks within 2 days of the release. I will let you know when I find a reliable benchmark video.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Aha, alright..

Do you think I should buy the RX 480 as soon as it releases or should I wait even longer for Gigabyte, MSI and their friends to release their own version? and is it worth waiting them anyways?

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

That isn't my specialty, sorry. I reccomend you ask that question in the Video Card section.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Definitely wait for MSI and Gigabyte and Asus to make their own versions, from what I know about the same principle for Nvidia cards, these companies make cards that are somewhat different, but better than the Founders' Editions of the Cards.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube