add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Best MLC SSD

rosswalker
  • 45 months ago

Since I've learned about the slowing down of TLC drives, what is the best SSD that is cheaper than the 850 evo with MLC? (240gb +, in the UK).

Comments

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Zotac Premium Edition.

Same internals as the more popular PNY CS2211, which for some reason isn't in the UK. This thing is basically the boundary for SATA. You won't find anything else faster aside from the 850 EVO. Then again, you won't notice the difference in speed. The Phison S10 controller that this uses is also known to be robust and durable. As of right now, the 850 EVO is actually cheaper on Amazon UK.

Crucial BX100.

Uses a proven Mircon SM2246EN controller which is known for its speed while still being reliable. Don't confuse this with the BX200 which is an SSD that is close to garbage.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Both of them are £10~ more, So I guess I will just get the 850 evo then?

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

If you're fine with TLC, then sure.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you not mean MLC since I'm talking about the 850 evo...

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

The 850 uses TLC.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Really? Look what what they said when Matthewtina asked about 500gb ssd's

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube