add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Two headsets

Unhandybirch656

42 months ago

As stated recently, I do prefer surround sound over stereo since I will mostly be gaming. I like to consider myself as an audiophile like %1 due to my mainstream knowledge of headphones and headsets (that does not mean that the only think I know is beats suck :D) I do however know that settling for 7.1 gives me ****** audio. I have found two headsets from trusted companies that have great reviews and are dual channel. They both have some sort of amp to enable virtual 7.1. I don't want to rely on computer coding to get surround sound, but without further a do, These are the headsets. 1 and 2 Please note that I have tried on the astro A40 TRs and I can confirm they have great bass and treble. Their lows are still crisp. And god, they are like wearing a cloud! They are comfortable, I've even went to the extreme and sat there at bestbuy for and hour and they felt as soft and cool as they did an hour ago. They are open back, contrary to what most people beleive. I love the sennheiser PC363D espicially due to the price and also it's ability to be an all around good headset no matter what (Mic is high quality, Headset audio is awesome obviously, and surround sound is superb) I haven't tried these, but they might be a better bang for your buck. So what do you guys think, and please take into consideration that the astros DO have great audio. I'd especially like to hear from anyone who owns either headset. Thanks in advance, -Birch

Comments

[comment deleted]
  • 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Yay a reply that doesn't include the sentence "7.1 is ********"

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 42 months ago
  • 1 point

rethinking it... How helpful is surround sound for gaming?

[comment deleted]
  • 42 months ago
  • 1 point

True. Should I go with a 558 or the Astro a40 TR PC version?

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Holy **** they go EVEN CHEAPER AT $80

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube