add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Question about XLR

Taz-8124

44 months ago

If you use an xlr microphone that goes to a preamp then to DAW will there be any delay? I want to be able to use the microphone for recording but also for gaming.

Also so far I have been looking at dynamic microphones, specifically the sennhieser e906 but most reviews have it as a guitar or instrument microphone how well would it do for voices?

Comments

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Why do you need an XLR mic? Depending on the mic, USB mics are great for recording or gaming. No point in spending extra money for an XLR mic, preamp, DAW, or some kind of USB interface if it won't affect you much.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Background noise is a big problem for me, I run my 3d printer all day to make the most use (and some money) from it, having it on annihilates the ears of anyone I try to communicate with. Dynamic microphones which I have heard are really good at ignoring background noise. The only dynamic usb microphones I found have had really bad audio quality because they were in the under $50 category. Also I heard with XLR you can boost the sound with an amp and reduce it digitally, supposedly this makes it clearer without the background noise.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube