add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Opinions on my Build?

MarcEbrainz
  • 48 months ago

Planning on building my rig in June or so.

Link

Comments

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry mate but the link shows up blank! If you are really lazy i can do my best to put one together for you, just give me the budget and intended use! :) Hope this helps! =D -Lucas!

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry about that, seems to work on my other 3 laptops, here- try again: https://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

But if you want, you could put together something and maybe I can look at it, and use some of the parts I may have overlooked.

Budget: Somewhat less than $1300, but $1300 is fine. Use: Playing Videogames and really just writing essays for school. Games would probably be CS:GO, Call of Duty, Battlefield, and maybe the occasional Minecraft. Cheers, mate!

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, first off the cpu cooler is just like the stock cooler so if you want to overclock at least go with a hyper 212 evo. Next, for your storage I'd add an hdd and keep the ssd cuz I doubt 256 gbs will be sufficient for you as your storage. Lastly, I think I would invest in a better psu and case. I built two rigs, one with a corsair 200r and one with a next s340. The s340 made it a worlds difference and personally I think the extra 40 bucks is worth it. The psu is ok and is a really good deal, but I'd get a 600 watt at least for the 970 and i7 6700k. thanks and good luck building!

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry, I'm confused... I don't have the 970 or i6700k in my build. I also do happen to have a 650 watt PSU. I don't have a SSD in my build that i can "keep"... But otherwise, I've done lots of tinkering inside many corsair Air 540's, so thats why I feel comfortable with it. Thanks mate, but maybe you are commenting on the wrong forum topic(?)

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Seems to be linking back to our own parts lists haha. Go to your parts list you can hit the PCPartpicker button next to "Markup" and copy and past that in. Will make a nice little list in your post.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

LOL I WAS CRITIQUING MY OWN BUILD!

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Haha, yeah it took me a second too, thought "Daaamn they're building the exact same thing I am, what are the chances."

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/MarcEbrainz/saved/tbjmP6

Is this the parts list you were refering to? If so, it looks like you're going with a nice White/Black theme but I would suggest a different CPU cooler. The C7 is a great little cooler but its designed for HTPC's and smaller ITX builds. With the Air 540 case you can go HUGE on the cooler. I would suggest looking into The Cryorig H7 or R1 (They will cost more, but will be a lot more efficient especially if you want to OC the CPU). Their H5 Universal also has a White/Black theme to it aswell.

I'm also not a huge fan of the keyboard, but they do come down to personal taste. I generally I tend to avoid a lot of the mainstream gaming keyboards however both Logitech and Corsair make some great ones if you can find them at a good price. Logitech G610 rolls in cheaper at $89.99 with genuine MX Cherry switches, but again, I think keyboards are a personal taste thing.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

I know a lot of people hate Razer keyboards, and I get that, but the only time I really got my hands on a mech. keyboard was on of these bad boys. Otherwise, I have gamed and spent the most time on apple keyboards, :(. So thats why I feel comfortable. Definitely when I have enough money, I'm going to buy something like the Logitech 710+. (Very sexy keyboard :3) Not sure why I started with your last point, but, yes, that is the parts list. I will definitely look into those coolers, thanks mate! Yep, I like the white/black theme somewhat, but I just like the parts that would give me the best performance. :P. Thanks so much for the help.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

No worries, The other coolers will offer a lot more performance. H5, H7 and the R1 are all large tower style coolers which you have lots of space for if you go with that Air 540.

Yeah and no worries on keyboard choice, like I said, everyone has their personal taste. I myself have 4 different keyboards (its some strange addiction) each with different switches. Just use what you like best.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Haha, I'd love to have 4, or even 10 different gaming keyboards! Which one is your favourite?

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Here is one I made: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/NepenthesLucas/saved/ckj323 It's just a little over, but it will be worth it! =D -Lucas!

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for putting in the time and effort, but I need a keyboard and mouse. Also, I think a 980ti would be a little overkill for my build/uses.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh yeah, if anyone was wondering, my dad works at a company (ING) where he can apparently buy stuff not ridiculously expensive from staples w/o charge. So i found a good monitor and 120 gb of ssd on the staples website to get (for free). Also, the whole floor he works on is apparently switching computers... and that means taking out the two monitors he has. So I'll take those two, (even if they're complete shite) and maybe get a try-monitor setup. So, heh, big thanks to my dad. :)

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

LOL you are very lucky, I hope you realize that! =D If a 980 ti is over kill then a 980 or a 970 if you want to getter stuffs!

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Haha, I think I'll stay with the r9 380 because its a tad bit better (5-10 fps) than the 960, and I've seen on CoD the 960 go to around 60 fps at ultra... So because I don't think I'll be playing at ultra (bad eyes plus colourblind-makes not that much of a difference), which would let the r9 380 soar in the game quality. Anyway, I'm ordering a 60hz monitor, so a gtx970 would be bottlenecked. But, yeah, I guess I am very lucky, at this specific time of year... My dad's not the biggest computer/tech mogul, but he still enjoys learning it and was happy to even build the pc with me, so he's also down away by the luck I'm having with the timing of swapping out pc's at his work. LOL

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

LOL!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube