add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Weird Dark Spots On the Back of My Motherboard.

Seventh-Column
  • 47 months ago

No idea why they are there. They look like this: http://i.imgur.com/gI3gNyA.jpg

It's by the motherboard heatsinks, as you can see the CPU is off to the left. My CPU runs at 18-19 idle and 64-65 under load. What could be the problem? My computer runs perfectly fine, and these weird spots have shown up. Why they are there would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Are you using any form of liquid cooling? Has your system been exposed to high moisture of any kind? Water, soda from a can being opened? anything?

Have you tried taking a clean lint free rag and wiping the areas?

If no moisture has come in contact with the board and if the spots don't wipe off. I would contact MSI customer support right away and see what they say. Take as many high res pics as you can for them. The better the picture the better then can help you. I'd also try taking pictures of the opposite side of the board to see if there is signs of the same thing.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

No liquid cooling, no water has ever been spilled in it (or other liquid), unless someone did and did not tell me. They don't wipe off and the area is not physically affected, they are just darker and shinier than the rest of the board. I will try and use a cloth to wipe them off and see what happens, but when I swipe my finger on it it does nothing.

[comment deleted]
  • 46 months ago
  • 1 point

MSI 970 Ganing, they are spots.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube