add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Sony MDR10R?

Jackson_Tyler96

44 months ago

I just ordered these on Amazon because they were going for $88, which seems pretty good and I wont feel bad if they aren't great because again... They're only $88... Has anyone used them? I have quite a wide variety of headphones already so I don't think they'll really fill any niches but there doesn't seem to be much information on them so I'm not really sure what to expect. Any info is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Not worth buying imo, not even close to the similarly named MDR-1R. Quoting Lachlan they have" Boomy bass, muffled vocals, nasal treble, and unbalanced sound".

Comfort seems good and they are portable but are not built to last. Since you have the m50x I see no reason to buy this pair.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Hmm... I guess we'll see how they respond to an EQ but that doesn't sound very promising. I wanted some portable closed backs for when I go to coffee shops but may search may continue.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you have anything from Koss? Koss KSC-75 ($15) and Portapro ($30) are great for portable headphones on the cheap.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

I cancelled my order. I'm thinking about snagging the Hifiman HE400i since they are on sale for like $350

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

I thought you had a pair of 400i?

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

I gave them to my Dad who is starting to get into Hi-fi. He wanted to upgrade from his 558's and I dearly miss my 400i's.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube