add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Best Headset with a mic for $100

tuxx4
  • 47 months ago

I'm looking for a quality headset around $100 CAD. A good mic is probably the most important factor to me. Looks don't really matter.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826738003&cm_re=hyperx_cloud-_-26-738-003-_-Product is on sale right now. Would anyone recommend it?

Comments

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

The HyperX Cloud 2 or the hyperx cloud revolver

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Ooh, the cloud revolver looks nice. I doubt it could beat the ad-500x for imaging and sq, but I'm pretty sure a mod mic/ad-500x combo would be more expensive (and less stylish)

[comment deleted]
  • 47 months ago
  • 1 point

The clouds have a pretty good mic. Not the best. The headphones are a bit warm for my tastes, but super cumfy.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't live in a warm environment anyways. Perhaps it'll be better for me, who knows

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

"Warm" is a subjective quality of sound. It usually means acentuated lower mids and bass.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah well that's embarrassing. I know very little when it comes to audio terminology. Thanks you clarifying that. :)

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

It's understandable. It's not really common knowledge

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

I was about to recommend a separate pair of headphones and some kind of detachable mic but that might not go in line wit the 100 CAD budget, but as others have said, the Cloud 2 is a great headset. I would recommend that one.

Hurry, jump on the deal!

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

I was thinking a bout that, but right now it would be a little to expensive. Perhaps after the Cloud II's. What would you recommend if i were to get a separate pair of headphones with a detachable mic? Another post referred me to a ModMic.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

ModMic is good, but if you have the space for it a Blue Snowball Ice works fine, and I would get that instead of a mod mic.

If you don't have the space ModMic could work, but if your headphones have a detachable cable, then you can get the Vmoda Boom Pro which is like a modmic but instead it takes less cables. The Boom Pro's cable acts as a power cable (so the mic can get, well, power) and as a headphones.

As for headphones, it really depends on the budget and what would be left.

A super cheap option is the Zalman Clip On Mic, but I've heard good and bad things about it.

EDIT: I think that the Cloud 2's should serve you quite a while though.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, Ive already ordered them. I think they'll be good for me. Ill look into mic/headphone combo options in the future for after the Cloud 2's. Thank you for all the advice.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks!

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

:-))

• 47 months ago
  • 0 points

Audio-Technica ATH-M20x and a ModMic. The HyperX is definitely a good headset, too.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Ill have a look. Thanks

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube