add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need help deciding to upgrade my wireless card

grilledchese
  • 47 months ago

I have right now a Rosewill RNX-N150PCe in my first build.

Just bought GTA V and a couple of other games and decided I just need to upgrade this card to get 5GhZ from my current router.

I just need something much faster and reliable.

So these are the ones I've picked out:

-Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I 802.11a/b/g/n/ac -Rosewill N900PCE 802.11a/b/g/n -TP-Link TL-WDN3800 802.11a/b/g/n -TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n

These are just 4 that I found. But if you have any other suggestions, that would be great!!!

Side note: My PC is sitting on the floor with alot of possible interruptions in between the PC and the router. So, a external antenna might be a huge help.

Comments

• 47 months ago
  • 2 points

The Gigabyte GC-WB867D and TP-Link TL-WDN4800 are both great choices.

• 47 months ago
  • 2 points

I have the TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n and can highly recommend it, have always had amazing reception and have never had any drop outs.

I play a lot of League of legends, download stuff, and play various other games (Battlefield 4) on this wireless card and it is just perfect.

EDIT: although the Gigabyte GC-WB867D does have that external antenna which may be advantageous in your situation. My PC sits sideways on my desk and the card is away from any walls or possible interrupters.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

I also have the TP-Link and can confirm I have never had any issues that were not caused by my internet itself.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube