add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

[BUYING] Xeon E5 2670 & Compatible Motherboard

IskanderEXC
  • 46 months ago

The title really says it all. What I am looking for is hopefully a bundle of both for >$130 (hopefully). If you have one or the other please message me as I am interested. The socket for the Xeon is LGA 2011 so if you have a motherboard with that socket you want to part out let me know. Thanks fellas.

Comments

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Good luck with that, I cant find an X79 motherboard anywhere that's cheaper then $250. You can get the CPU for $60 though.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

I know I know those motherboards are hard to find for some reason. What I might do is buy one of Asrocks dual cpu boards and get two 2670s for about $420 (hah). Although that is hugely over budget, I just found an old GPU that I can use instead of buying a new/used one so that gives me an extra $100, plus I would save more. I dunno, kinda rambling.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

My original plan for the 2670 was to create a 8 core Xeon sleeper. However I gave up after I couldn't find anything cheap. Maybe in a year or two they will go down in price.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

I think that it will do the opposite. As they are not manufacturing the X79 (at least as much as they were) anymore, I think that the prices will go up ie Supply/Demand.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Well there are plenty of Xeon 2670s out there, but not many X79 motherboards, o either way it will be expensive lol

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

I looked at the asrock board that I was talking about, looks like it comes out to around $315... For the board only...

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

I was looking to do a build like that myself. For the price to do that I might as well get a refurbished x99 for $120 -$180 and spend that $350 I would have spent on a x79 on the CPU. Although I'm still on the drawing board with it. Lol

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube