add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Headset, Headphone, Sound card?

Andii

43 months ago

hi there!

im willing to spend my self some money to get a good pair of money to get a good pair of an easy to bring yet comfortable and good sounding headset for my brand new laptop

so, recently Im looking for some set in my local store and get my self a kraken 7.1 for 120 bucks and an ath mx 40 for 90 bucks in that case should I just pick the kraken or the MX and a 30 bucks mic like BOYA Lavalier Microphone BY-M1 with a ****** sound card or splitter

what do you guys think?

Comments

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Razer Kraken is terrible, looks feels and sounds like garbage.the m40x and mic would be a better option. does your store carry and similarly priced open back headphones like a sennheiser HD 558?

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah it does, does it a good option? and what does open back means?? I dont want anyone hear what im listening to, you know what i mean

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

The housing is perforated and not fully sealed, sound will leak out of the headphone so I guess that's a no lol.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

awhhh, I dont want anyone hear my thing :3 so any other option you would suggest? im leaning really hard to the m40x with mic but that would be a non travel option for me, so if I buy that I will later buy a senheisser earbud, those feels guud :3

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

What other similarly priced closed headphones does your store carry? The M40x can fold up and has a detachable cable so it could be used on the go.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

one of my friend offer me a steelseries siberia 350 for 95 bucks, maybe I could take it for 90 but I never heard of that headset... any good?

ive tried v2 and it was pretty good, does the 350 apply the same quality?

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

if at all possible get a pair of sennheiser 598 headphones or audio technica mx50 headphones razer audio products are, as a rule of thumb, not worth the cost. For the Mic i'd get a blue yeti/samson usb mic. For the best possible sound in conjunction with those headphones, get a DAC and if you get the mx50 headphones, a quarter inch to 3.5mm adapter

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

those are fancy expensive thing for me :(

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

The kraken is cheaper online...

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

then? if I buy online from amazon the tax will be double the price XD

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 43 months ago
  • 1 point

sadly they dont sell hyperx cloud in my country, there are some unofficial seller but I can't ensure the originality and guarantee of those seller

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube