add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Parting out the Wife Contender

Wolfemane
  • 46 months ago

edit: last day to potentially pick up some decent parts for cheap! Memory and motherboard will have free shipping to pcpartpicker members! Good luck!

After a long hard couple of months I've made the ultimate decision to piece out my gaming rig. I have a lot of fond memories with this machine and it was a very difficult decision. It was the first rig built with my first born son on my back and went through a total overhaul of the water cooling system (and thorough cleaning) with my second born son on my back. I've played games of all types (appropriate for the age) with one or both of my kids on my lap, and I have done many a raid in WoW with my oldest at the helm of the mouse (he was 18 months it was hilarious. Very understanding guild). But with the passing of time and the aging of my boys, I find myself less in front of the screen and more in front of the lawn with my kids. So, with that, I've decided to part with some of my main components in hopes they go to individuals who will use them as often as I used too.

The Wife Contender

i7-3770k

Asus Sabertooth Z77 MB

16gb Kit1 G.Skill DDR3-2400 Trident X

16gb Kit2 G.Skill DDR3-2400 Trident X

8gb G.skill DDR3-2400 Ripjaws Z

Kit1 - 16gb G.skill DDR3-1600 Ripjaws X

Kit2 - 16gb G.skill DDR3-1600 Ripjaws X

Sapphire Tri-X OC R9 290 w/Koolance Waterblock

Sapphire Tri-X OC R9 290 w/Koolance Waterblock

The CPU in the motherboard is a delid i7-3770k and is the original CPU I've owned for many years. That is not the one being sold. The one being sold is a stock CPU. I will be glad to take pictures of each CPU side by side for anyone with concerns.

Motherboard includes IO plate, usb3.0 cable, dust covers, and both original mini MB Fans.

Both video cards will include the original cooling system with all original screws. Thermal padding has been applied to the correct areas of the stock cooler if buyer wishes to replace the Koolance waterblocks. If buyer purchases both cards I will include the water bridge to connect the two waterblocks.

I will give free shipping to any pcpartpicker member on the memory, cpu, and motherboard. But please contact me via private message on this site once auction has ended with your ebay alias. The video cards are quit heavy, but I will only charge what ebay lists to the winning bidder.

Thank you for taking a look, glad I had the oppertunity to list my build on this site. I look forward tot he day I get to build another rig with my kids at the helm!

Comments

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Update! Last day to pick up some decent parts cheap!

[comment deleted]
  • 46 months ago
  • 1 point

You will have to check the auctions to see what the current prices are (I've linked to each one). I'm shipping from Portland, OR.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube