add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Cryorig C7 vs Intel Stock Cooler HTPC

OccamAsylum

46 months ago

I just built an HTPC for gaming at my tv and in the event I want to bring it to a friends house.

I'm using a Haswell gen stock cooler for my i3 6100 and damn it is loud (I noticed its louder when the case is oriented vertically versus horizontally). I was already considering buying the C7, but i want to know what you think.

Is it worth the $30?

Comments

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

It's a much more effective cooler, so it's worth the price in terms of raw cooling performance alone.

I'm not sure how it fares when it comes to audibility, though. I assume it has an inherent advantage in that the fan and heat sink are larger, so the fan doesn't have to spin up as much as the stock cooler's to maintain the same temperature

If you want to be extra sure you get a quiet cooler, you can try for a Noctua's LH9i. However it was out of stock everywhere the last time I checked.

[comment deleted]
  • 46 months ago
  • 0 points

I'm confused as to why you bothered to say anything at all?

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

I meant i think the C7 is worth it.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube