add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What headphones should I get for gaming?

ivespcgamrichlov

44 months ago

I want 7.1 or 8 channel surround sound for my gaming, I want the best gaming headphones, which would be better, wired or wireless? Thanks. I will spend any amount of money.

Comments

• 44 months ago
  • 2 points

wired stereo headphones with a Modmic. between your perception and the audio processing of the game, it'll seem like you have surround. plus, you'd be able to get higher quality headphones by saving a bit from the gaming headset

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

^ Now here is someone thinking.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

thank you good sir

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Budget? I would go with a pair of wired headphones from a company known for their audio products. If you want virtual surround you might want to look into a software or soundcard that supports it, but chances are if you are using a good pair of headphones you will not need it. Games have their own sound engines.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

I can spend any amount of money, so what gaming headphones should I get? thanks

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

So you could drop 3k USD on a pair of headphones with an amp to power them? Just saying high end headphones are more expensive than what most people would think.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

In my experience wired always sound best. If you have the same headphones wired and wireless you will hear the difference. I have no opinion on which to buy because I'm still looking myself. I would like real surround sound but there are a lot more options for virtual surround sound. I'm not in a hurry to buy though because my V Moda headphones sound better than most the headphones in my current budget.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Which V-Moda's do you have? I had the LP's and they were just god awful...

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

I am not an audiophile but gaming headsets sound very bad compared to my regular headphones. I tried a few gaming headsets that sounded like Apple ear buds. It's slim pickings for good sounding gaming headsets. I have a M 100 and a old pair of LP2's. The m100 sound good (probably could have gotten better for the price) but I was really sucked in by the look. They are good enough well I search for a permanent gaming set. I got the lp2 for $90 at a radio shack. The LP2 have some fake bass going on that makes them sound cheap but they are build like a tank. I use them at work. I can't not tell you how many times they got ripped off my head and tossed acrossed the room. (Lol I need wireless for work) I lost them under some 50lb boxes for a while too. The LP2's are not great but they still sound better then a lot of the gaming headsets I tried. I guessing the LP original and LP2 are similar. I think if an audiophile went to Best Buy and tried all the gaming headsets their ears would give up and stop working.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

to be honest u should go with an open back pair of headphones. both the sennheiser hd598 and beyerodynamic dt990 pro are good for this

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube