add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Newbie to microphone setups - halp

skillzor2

46 months ago

So I'm one of those people who believes Twitch is the way to go and I should dedicate all my money and time to it, stupid, amirite?

Anyway, I have absolutely no clue on what I should do for a proper microphone setup and have come here to the Gods or the plebs of audio equipment and software to see if they could help me with this.

ATH-2020 USB Microphone ($139.95) Dragonpad pop filter (for Microphone) ($10.00) Microphone Arm Holder (Desk Clamp) ($13.50)

So this is what I've chosen so far, now the one thing I'm worried about is how I deal with white-noise or background-noise and/or if I'm missing anything for a microphone setup.

Some people have recommended to do this: Microphone -> Adobe Audition to remove white-noise and so on -> Virtual Audio Cable so OBS can pick up the microphone -> OBS which leads to stream and viewers

As for my environment, I'll be streaming so I'll be sitting in a smallish room and the main ambient noise would be my PC fans but it's all Noctua fans so it should stay below 30Db's, GPU and CPU are AIO coolers with Noctuas, apart from that, mouse clicking and keyboard tick tacking are other noises that would be normal.

One thing, I'm buying a whole new rig with this too and I want everything to be good now and not be mad about a month or so later because I didn't get the correct equipment or there was something better that completely destroys what I chose, so if you'd like to educate me and give me links to better equipment that won't burn a whole in my wallet, I'm more than happy to accept your advice, thanks in advance.

Comments

There are no comments.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube