add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What would be your ideal all around audio setup?

Z3ROWOLFHD
  • 49 months ago

Currently just have on-board motherboard audio. I'd like to get all around upgrades when I get some money, so what are some good suggestions?

I have:

ASUS Z170 A with "Crystal Sound" audio, lol.

Turtle Beach Earforce XO Seven

I know the headsets are crap and the on-board audio will suffice but I'd like to get a little more out of games and music.

I'd like either:

DAC/AMP or Sound card. (Don't know which one is better)

Nice pair of headsets

Microphone, prefer not standing or just a clip on mic. I could do an extended arm mic if I wanted to for setup style points.

Plan to add speakers down the road. 2 on the left and right sounds good but again new to the high end audio of PC. So if open to getting a subwoofer or whatever for that phat bass

Thanks in advance.

PS: Do songs need to be a certain bitrate to take advantage of higher end audio? Some of my totally legal songs are 256kb bit rate while some are 320kb and other 1400+kb lol.

Comments

• 49 months ago
  • 2 points

higher bitrate is most of the time better, UNLESS someone upconverts it so it's compatible with something. upconverting is basically turning an MP3 into a FLAC, to put it simply

but as for my ultimate setup?

Onkyo TX-NR5010 with all the speakers i currently own

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

While the crystal sound is just marketing slang for whatever realtek chip is used, onboard audio actually isn't that bad in higher end motherboards. It's your turtlebeach that are the problem. Usually most gaming headsets are not worth what you pay for them.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

A dedicated DAC/AMP is going to be better than a sound card every time. There is such a large range in the pricing for headphones that you really need to decide on a budget and research from there. Stay way from "gaming headsets" and instead combine a quality headset with a separate microphone, you're going to get better quality for often times less money. For example a popular setup is a Philips SHP9500 headset combined with a V-MODA microphone, it connects directly to the headset, looks great and you're getting a really nice quality setup for around $125 or less depending on sales. I would point you towards /r/Zeos (Reddit), he does great/in depth reviews on all things audio and really breaks it down and makes it easy to understand especially for someone new.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Just a Schiit Magni/Modi Stack with Audio Techinca M50x's and a pair of Sennheier HD 700's! It's actually not that expensive for that setup, its's like $900-1000.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube