add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Absolout best IEMs for 100 dollars

Phillip.Phillip
  • 49 months ago

The title says it all. I don't care what color or brand it is, I just want a quality product. I do like to listen to bassy music sometimes too so keep that in mind. A little over 100 dollars is fine as long as it's worth it. Thanks!

Comments

• 48 months ago
  • 2 points

JVC HA-FXT90, RHA MA 750, or Yamaha EPH-100. All of them are on Joker's buyer's guide U-3C posted.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

What are your thoughts on the Audio Technical ATH ANC-23 quietpoint?

• 48 months ago
  • 2 points

It uses active noise cancellation. If you are a frequent flyer or travel by bus or train the technology could come in handy. A mic picks up certain high and low frequencies and opposite sound waves are created to cancel them out.

Otherwise you're better off buying a normal pair of iems that use passive noise cancellation. Sound quality will be better and no battery is required.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

I often find myself struggling to hear my m50Xs in a car or my earpods (R.I.P) in a classroom so I thought that the active noise cancellation would be beneficial. For 30 bucks I really can't complain lol

• 48 months ago
  • 2 points

Any decent IEM will isolate noise far better than a headphone like the m50x. Earpods have poor isolation.

I would highly recommend the EPH-100 if you listen to bassy music like deep house. It really doesn't get much better than that for the price and they block out noise well. iems with bi or triple flange eartips are good for isolation because of the strong seal they create. I have used them on roadtrips before with no problem.

http://theheadphonelist.com/earphone-fit-guide/#EarTips

I couldn't find any legitimate reviews for those but looking on reddit it seems they are no better than some iems with passive noise cancellation and when ANC is turned off they are useless. So to conclude I would recommend saving your money.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

I may have already bought the ANCs but I get a free return if I won't like them. Thanks for your suggestions! Those yamahas look really compelling. I will also probably be investing in a good set of earbuds so that should help.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

I spelled absolute wrong fml

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

honestly I'd go with the Yamaha EPH-100's or the RHA MA 750's, after looking through the list U-3C posted and suggestions of others. i trust RazerZ on his audio, he's definitely more of a headphone guy than i am.

[comment deleted]
  • 48 months ago
  • 1 point

the headphone list

literally best name ever

[comment deleted]
  • 48 months ago
  • 1 point

why can't we do this massive list with more things?

[comment deleted]
  • 48 months ago
  • 1 point

this is literally the truest statement ever ^^^^^^^^

don't want your kids to do drugs? make them an audiophile. that way they'll never have any money

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube