add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Installed LED strip/sleeved cables/sli bridge. Now Front and Top Case Fans won't power on?

OccamAsylum
  • 50 months ago

I installed a blue NZXT led strip in my case, anEVGA pro sli bridge, and blue EVGA sleeved cables to compliment my theme. But I just realized that my front and top case fans don't power on at all now. I just installed everything on Sunday. Not sure why it took so long for me to realize this, but I'm very puzzled by it.

I'm using the stock fans from the Thermaltake V71 case.

Comments

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Are they still plugged in? They didn't get knocked loose during the installation of your new items? Has that been checked?

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Yep. I didn't even have to touch them. The stock fans are plugged into a separate board at the top of the case along with the power button/usb ports/etc.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

I have the same issue, I added 3 top fans and a bottom fan to my build besides a front and back (original) and all work except the original back on (it did work until I opened up my computer and re-ran wires to make it look better. I was just thinking though some of my fans have a extender cable attached to them so they could reach the separate board and I never checked that to see if maybe the extender came loose when I was moving things around. Do you have cord extenders for your fan to that separate board?

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

There's a long fan splitter that the front two plug into to reach the board, but I didn't even have to touch any of the wires associated with these fans at all. I just don't understand what happened. I even unplugged the LED strip to see if maybe that was the issue, but it's not.

I also noticed my computer lights up to boot, stops, and then after a few seconds it boots up. I checked all of the cables to make sure they were in all the way, so I'm at a loss here.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

I also tried plugging a completely different fan into the separate board and nothing... All of the other switches and whatnot on that board work, so I don't know.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube