add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Which Headphone/Headset To Buy

zbt13
  • 50 months ago

The HyperX Cloud 2 is selling for about $100 and I could get Rainbow Six Siege for free with it (It is a game I was planning on buying anyways). However, I could get the Sennheiser HD 598 which has much better audio for about $130 but it doesn't include a mic or the game (I am aware I could buy a modmic or separate mic but that's another $55 off my wallet). Which headset/headphone should I buy?

Comments

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

I have the Hyper X Clouds (First edition) and use my seinheiser headphones paired with a mod mic more often because the mic quality on that headset is terrible

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Hd 429 with a mod mic 4.0

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

The hyperX cloud 2 has an improved mic compared to the first edition, check some reviews and decide if it is worth the extra money.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Honestly the mic on the hyper cloud II is good if its only for in game voice chat and skype calls, but if your are recording audio for content production I wouldn't recommend it. If your aren't a total audio snob, The sound quality is good and I have no complaints. If you plan to buy Rainbow six Siege anyway, I would get the bundle, but thats my opinion :)

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Simple answer is to get a good pair of headphones and pair it with a cheap mic. Mic quality will be the same, if not better, than other gaming headsets in this price range.

The HD 5xx series are comfortable and work well for gaming.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

HD 598 all the way. I love mine to death.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube