add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Audioengine too expensive?

Iqwan
  • 50 months ago

Audioengine 2+ is about $390 in Aud. Is it too expensive for what its worth?

Are there better speakers out there for cheaper? I prefer the colour to be white or silver.

Was looking at Harman Kardon sounsticks ii and the Swan M10s. Any other suggestions?

Comments

• 50 months ago
  • 2 points

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-computer-speakers/

Some posts in the comments about the AE 2+ not being all that great for the money, they like the m-audio av40 tho they've been replaced by 42s now and the articles not updated yet, more suggestions in the comments too.

• 50 months ago
  • 2 points

Harman Kardon makes really good stuff (parent company of JBL, some of the greatest consumer and professional speakers this side of anywhere)

that does seem kinda high for the 2+ for sure

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

How does the Bose companion 2 compare with the speakers mentioned here?

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

i actually know someone with a pair and they really like them, compact but they sound good

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 50 months ago
  • 1 point

It really depends on what sort of configuration you're looking for. Most notably whether or not you want a subwoofer.

I've been in the market for a good set of speakers as well and while initially attracted to the Audioengine 2+ and 5+, many people have turned me away from them.

These JBL monitors seem to be consistently rated the best in terms of accurate sound production at the sub $300 price point: http://www.amazon.com/JBL-LSR305-Professional-Studio-Monitor/dp/B00F1DEI8G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455854760&sr=8-1&keywords=jbl+lsr+305

They take a little bit more work then a straight plug and play which might defer some but I get more satisfaction out of things that require some thought process to setup. My only problem with them are they are big compared to your standard "bookshelf" monitors, but these are true studio monitors as opposed to those "studio inspired" stuff other companies are touting.

Anyway hope this helped.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube