add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

So what do you guys do when you cant sleep

floridaboz
  • 52 months ago

Well, for a 60 topic it could of been much better

As you can figure out I can't sleep

Comments

• 52 months ago
  • 2 points

I spend my time here. Might play a game on occasion or just go back to trying to read reviews of things like power supplies and motherboards. I just eventually fall asleep.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

That is pretty much it, netflix, gaming, here and other random stuff.

• 52 months ago
  • 2 points

Read or study a text book on paper form or one without backlight. I try to avoid most screens as they often pump out a lot of light in the short wave blue spectrum. Can mess up your sleep pattern more.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Text form studying and/or reading just might be something i take up.

Hey, my health might be getting worst, but my eyes site is still perfect...... for now

[comment deleted]
  • 52 months ago
  • 2 points

LOL. Same to be honest. However I dated a optometrist for a bit who always used to be displeased with those sort of devices at night so sacrifices had to be made :/

[comment deleted]
  • 52 months ago
  • 2 points

I just put on my NoScopes and I'm set. I trust those things too much. Lol

[comment deleted]
  • 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah! I'm gonna put out a review on my YT channel soon. They add like 2 hours of sleep for me. I thought I would have wasted $20 on sunglasses. Lol

[comment deleted]
  • 52 months ago
  • 2 points

Well thanks to phillip.phillip I can't sleep! He got me looking on Craigslist for PC deals late last night.

I'm tempted to buy an older Xeon PC just to mess around with. I found a few 6 core PC's running a little over 3 Ghz, 12Mb l3 cache, 24Gb ECC RAM, 2-500Gb sata2 HDD's, with Windows 7 pro all ready to go for $300. And they're like a 30 min drive away! I know they're 5+ years old, but what the heck!

So thats what I've been doing since I can't sleep! Researching old Xeons. :)

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

But honestly, what would you do with them. I dont feel there is anything wrong with a old Xeon, i have a computer in the other room that runs 2 4 core Xeons.

But it is also a Server, so i dont think it would make the best gaming rig, however for some of the stuff i do on the side, it is great.

• 52 months ago
  • 2 points

No gaming for sure. I could use it as a slave PC to take the load off my master PC so I can run more instances of Omnisphere and Trillian.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

that is true. I would like to break out the other computer, but it is a server and it is a Poweredge and loud, very very loud.

• 52 months ago
  • 2 points

Oh yeah those can get very loud! I need quiet. But headphones work too.

I'm so sleepy now...its a little after 8 am. I'll see you guys later today. Thanks Phillip.Phillip for keeping me up all night! ;)

• 52 months ago
  • 2 points

I would check pcpp, or do some midnight laundry.

• 52 months ago
  • 2 points

Woot! (Glad to see someone using that feature. :P)

When I can't sleep, I either just drive myself nuts thinking "I have to get up in X hours. If I fall asleep right now, I'll get Y hours of sleep." or just get up and do something, such as computer games or TV. If the weather is nice (and I'm somewhere with a low crime rate...) I walk around town a bit.

Of course, my sleep habits are, well, abnormal at the best of times, and work doesn't mind a mid-day nap (yay work at home!).

Oh, something else that might help... I try and dream of something I've dreamed of before. Since it's just replaying in my head, I don't have the same activity going on as when I'm trying to dream something new, which can help quiet the brain down.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

haha, some one noticed

• 52 months ago
  • 2 points

I'm just thinking how many people looked at that and are wondering what's wrong with me... :P

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

For right now, let's just make them wonder. I should of figured you would catch it.

• 52 months ago
  • 2 points

I don't ever have this problem. I'm sorry. Try and clear your mind, or watch this.

• 52 months ago
  • 2 points

I usually go for a walk or something.

[comment deleted]
  • 52 months ago
  • 1 point

I have. I try to have relaxing thoughts, good thoughts and all that good stuff. This is kind of a battle i been dealing with since i was a teen.

For a short period of time i even took sleeping meds, but they screwed with me mentally so i refused to ever take them again. The bad part is i try to do things to "get more tired" and it just wakes me up more. Most of my sleep comes from pretty much passing out and i sleep like 4 hours at a time when i do (now according to past research, humans used to sleep 4 hours at a time 2 times a day"cant confirm source "citation needed" as wiki would say).

Kind of why i made this topic so i can see how other people who might have it, deal with it. Either by ways they can get sleep or just how they deal with it in general.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube