add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

MSI GTX 970 Twin FROZR Temperatures

Irlandskii
  • 52 months ago

Hello all,

I haven't been able to find a straight answer to what sort of temperatures should be considered "normal" for my gpu. While idle I'm seeing temperatures around 35-40C, and while gaming the highest I've seen it get to was 60C. Anything to be concerned about or does this all look good?

Comments

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

I have this card and when i first got it i checked the temps and they were about the same as yours but since then i used afterburner to set a custom fan curve so i get slightly lower temps..

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

That's normal temps. Been a while since I had mine but afaik thoses seem in the ballpark. You have to remember the fans also turn off at low to mid loads which explains the high idle temps. 60 degrees as the highest is very good.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube