add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

NZXT Kraken x61 and Asus Maximus VIII Impact

superandyhauz
  • 52 months ago

Hi,

I recently bought a Kraken x61 to use for my Maximus VIII Impact but I'm not quite sure where to put the specific pins and cables. Will anyone be able to show it to me as I'm really afraid of frying my motherboard lol.

Help will be much appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm just gonna add that there's a CPU_FAN, CHA_FAN, but I couldn't locate CPU_PWR. Plus the CHA_FAN is used by the PWM hub that is mounted in the case. Are my configurations alright or is there something wrong with it?

My brain is fried and I've been thinking for an hour already and trying to Google it as well but I couldn't find anything. Never used my brain like this to be honest.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Connect it to the CPU_FAN.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay so I kind of figured it out. My motherboard doesn't have internal usb 2.0. Is there anything I can do coz the kraken x61 has a usb 2 cable for cam.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Right so I managed to fix the problem by ordering some cables and adaptors online. Thanks.

Hopefully everything will work.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

I thought the impact did have an integrated USB port on it.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Only internal usb 3.0. I need a 2.0 one for the cooler. I managed to get a hold of the nzxt usb expansion and a usb 3.0 header to usb 2.0 pin. Hope everything works fine. Still waiting till tomorrow for the cables to arrive

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

I've read another solution could be just plugging one usb2-to-4pin cable from one usb port on back panel so you'll keep your internal usb3 header free for your front ports. I've ordered this one myself from amazon, theres a positive feedback about this same issue: http://www.amazon.com/Adapter-designed-motherboard-external-connector/dp/B000V6WD8A/ref=pd_sim_147_6?ie=UTF8&dpID=21NdH39vtTL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=0PVAH4CPWWY4EMG8KCMW

I will see if it works.

My setup:

Cougar QBX case | Asus Maximus VIII Impact | i5-6600k | NZXT Kraken x31 / Cooler Master Seidon 120v2 | Gigabyte Radeon R9 Nano | Noctua fans

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Not the viii (Skylake / Z170 varient) the prior gens do.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Everything works fine now and this kraken is very silent. Didn't expect it to be this good to be honest. As well as the nzxt hue+, managed to fit it in and the front usb 3.0. Thanks to the nzxt expansion hub. Very useful I must say. Will post pictures later on when I get home

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube