add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

V moda Crossfades vs M50X

modem_

48 months ago

Narrowed it down to these two because I like closed designs and appreciate the more sturdy build quality on these headphones. Just, which should I get because I play fps shooters, gmod, terraria, and I like to listen to trance, edm, chillstep.I also stream and record and I will have a modmic. So, which one should I get? I have no budget and comfort is a factor btw.

Comments

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Haven't heard those but I have heard the higher end M100. They really are only good for EDM like the genres you listed. The m50x are more neutral and have less of a V shape sound with boosted bass and highs compared to the Vmoda.

Neither are the most comfortable though in this case the m50x would be a better choice. The vmoda series have shallow earpads that press your ear and get uncomfortable fast.

I personally wouldn't get either for your uses.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

I wont just listen to edm

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

I personally own the M50X and I have to say...wow. They sound really good with a very open and lively tone. Clear, crisp highs and with a punchy bass, perfect for games. Mids are pretty rich, too. The earcups are super comfortable and the 3 included cables are very durable. My favorite is the coiled 10ft. However, if you want even more bass (with the loss of some clarity) and a sick design, go with the Vmoda.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

I want more of a balence so i will go with m50x

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

You won't be disappointed.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

I own both. Get the M50x, hands down. The highs are VERY rolled off on the V-Moda's making them sound very distant. Heed this advice.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

How's the soundstage on the m50x's? Also, Will I need a soundcard?

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

It's not terrible for a closed-back... Having used a Sennheiser HD 598 as my daily driver for awhile now it feels rather narrow, but what do you expect from closed-back cans?? And yes, but get an external DAC/amp for cheap , like the Fiio E10k. It helps push the headphones harder for a more responsive bass impact and sound. I never recommend internal sound cards, I find them to be a waste of money when you can get much higher quality external DAC's and amps. The Fiio E10k has made the soundstage more dynamic on these cans making them decent for gaming but I always switch to my 598's for gaming so I could careless about the soundstage, personally.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube