add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Windows 7 and networking... works beautifully!!!

Blackink
  • 50 months ago

I've been using Windows XP for years. I recently transitioned to Windows 7 Pro on a new build, and I installed Windows 7 Pro on my older PC that I put a new SSD into.

Once the OS was installed, it was a cinch getting both computers to find each other and their respective peripherals.

On top of that, I went to my brother-in-laws house with a laptop that I had just installed Windows 7 Pro onto, and it found his old Canon printer at his house without me having to do anything to the laptop!!!

And when he brings his laptop here, it finds my newer Canon printer without even asking it to.

I can't say the same for the Windows 10 OS I installed on my wife's Dell XPS laptop. It wasn't so friendly in finding the home network I have set-up.

Windows 7 is soooo much nicer than XP.

I use to struggle like a son of a gun when I would re-install my XP OS and try to set-up a network within my house....

Comments

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

i know the feels. windows 7 truly is perfect

[comment deleted]
  • 50 months ago
  • 1 point

they will have to pry 7 from my cold dead hands

i have 7 copies of the ISO files hidden in various locations that i visit. no one in my city knows of their existence

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

they will have to pry 7 from my cold dead hands lolol

I feel the same way now that I've been using it for a few months....

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

literally it's so amazing. like i will always use it

and DX12 makes it able to use multiple CPU cores.

i can assure you someone will find a really weird way to get it to windows 7

[comment deleted]
  • 50 months ago
  • 1 point

I CANNOT!! IT IS TOO MUCH POWER FOR ANYONE ELSE. i must carry this burden alone...

[comment deleted]
  • 50 months ago
  • 1 point

XP is no longer supported or will get security updates, I would NOT run it at all.

Besides that, yeah... got to love Microsoft.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Besides that, yeah... got to love Microsoft

Wrong..... Gotta love Windows 7 Pro !!!

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Got to love Mac OS X !!! ;)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube