• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

DoHbOyBlAzEd 67 months ago

Looking around Kijiji again, found a computer for what I think may be a steal. Just undecided if I should go for it or not as I have no real use for it.

Intel Core i5 3470 3.2GHz 6M

Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H motherboard

Kingston 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1600 Ram

Asus 24x DVDRW SATA

Seagate 3TB Barracuda 7200RPM 64MB HD

Intel 60GB SSD

Corsair 300R

Corsair CMPSU-600CX V2 Power Supply

He's willing to do $450 cash, I'm trying to get him down to $400.

What do you guys think?

Parts list with prices, http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/DoHbOyBlAzEd/saved/2vBD

Comments Sorted by:

panzergrenadier 1 point 67 months ago

Hmm

JoeyThePCNoob 2 Builds 1 point 67 months ago

How old is it?

it is a good deal but it all depends on the age of the system.

DoHbOyBlAzEd submitter 20 Builds 1 point 67 months ago

I'm guessing a year or less. Age isn't a big deal if the parts are last generation...

Well it is a decent price but i would only pay up to 400 for it.

xclypto 1 Build 1 point 67 months ago

I actually sold a PC like this but with Windows 7 64 and a 6870 included for 400. My thing is, some of those parts could be older then others - HD, DVD, PSU, Case.

No OS listed so I assume it probably has some pirated copy on it - probably has already had parts plucked/swapped leaving the base leftovers. Also take in that some parts could of been openbox items. Mobo has reviews listed back from March 2012.

Also, Newegg has this CPU/Mobo/4gb MEM/Seagate 500HD/Case, and generic 500W PSU in a bundle @ 500 bucks NEW . So worth 450? Not to me, 300/350 is the max price I'd pay.

Newegg bundle link - http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1322763

definitely not, i probably wouldn't pay 450 for it. I don't even know about 400.

Okay so $500 new US (I'm in Canada), with a case and power supply worth 1/4 of what the case and psu I'm looking at is worth. Half the ram, a tiny hdd and no ssd. Not sure how this is even close to a good comparison. I am asking him to remove the video card as it is a 550ti which is too weak. I will get all of the boxes plus reciept. Current price for these parts in Canada is 765 + 13% tax.

Ah, did not see the Canada thing.

Marcus_CA 1 point 67 months ago

It's not a steal and it's not garbage. It all depends if you need a computer right away. This will save you perhaps 100 bucks but it's mostly to save time ordering and building. I wouldn't bother at all if you're planning reselling to make profit.

I also wouldn't bother if you're planning on upgrading within a couple months or currently have an equivalent build.

I dont know what the OP wants it for but - if he could snatch this for 300 and then add a decent GPU for 150-200 bucks he could have himself a nice system that may not need to be updated for awhile.

I have a HD 7850 which would go in it, or sli 660ti when the r9 290x comes out. No way I'll get this for $300, I've gotten plenty of deals through classified sales but this guy isn't selling it because he's broke.

This would save over $400 over buying new in Canada.

Marcus_CA 2 points 67 months ago

I main point is no PC builder would be interested in buying these parts new when there's other options for better performance/dollar. I won't say it enough but the moment you buy something, the value of it drops both in value and demand.

No way in hell would I buy a 60GB SSD ... I wouldn't pay more than 20$ for it as that's just one example. I see certain items being sold on kijiji for a third of the price and still they take time for it be sold. Heck, I had to sell my X79 + i5 920 with 12GB ram for 300$ (-shipping) ... retail is what, 700$?

You should base your decision on whether you want this build or not and how much of it you'll be upgrading within the next couple months.

Lets break it down this way, seeing as how the parts have already depreciated.

CPU - 120

motherboard - $70

case - $50

psu - $40

ram - $40

ssd - $30

hdd - $50

$400.

I understand the point you are trying to make, but this isn't a 4 year old i7, up until 5 months ago this stuff was "leading edge". And aside from the case and psu, I would never buy this stuff new either. But at less than half the price of retail, on parts that are still readily available and still compete with the new counter parts at a 5% perf. deficit I can't see how this isn't a good deal. Granted I have found much better deals scouring through kijiji in the past I believe it could still be turned around to make a profit. This build would not be upgraded, I have a hd7850 (cost me approx. $60) to put in it. Putting me @ approx. $460.

Marcus_CA 1 point 67 months ago

Then buy it..

Hey sorry, was at work all day in a 7 story building with no one in it, had no one to argue with lol.

Either way the guy wouldn't go down to $400 so I passed on it.

Dude, you seem to have your mind made up.