add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

2.0 Speakers that sound similar to ATH-M40x?

BinaryFunction

48 months ago

Really need to know for a friend.

Comments

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Any reference studio bookshelf speakers should do well (as that is what the m40x are made for). How much were you looking to pay?

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

His budget limit is 150$

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Hes a casual plug in and play, got anything else?

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm not sure I follow that.

it isn't hard or involved to set up, you put the lil amplifier where you want volume control, put the monitors where you want them, and connect wires.

There's stuff like this http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DIGC7UO?vs=1 but even with self powered monitors you will have to run speaker wire from one to the other and deal with the same connections, you still need the same amount of speaker wire and the same rca to 3.5mm cable. (Though that is included in the self powered ones) I'm not sure what else there would be to try and match the m40x.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

is he looking for powered speakers, or a little amplifier and then separate speakers?

where does he plan to put them and how much space does he have?

um if i think of anything else that would help me look around i'll let you know

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Powered, on a PC desk and 8 inch

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

i know audioengine makes some speakers like that, but i don't know of any in his budget. i will keep looking

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Actually found two likely candidates but each have their flaws, The first is the Creative Labs T40 Series II which looks stellar until the standby mode and the skew to the mid-bass range.The second is a Edifier R1700BT, rather new on Amazon and hard to find reviews over it. Which is better?

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

the Edifiers definitely look nicer and they do have larger bass drivers than the T40's.

i do not personally have experience with either, but i would pick the Edifiers if i had to choose between these two.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube