add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Calling All Audiophiles

manirellis_fridge

49 months ago

Budget: 150-170 US Dollars

Use: Live Audio Mixing (Musicals, live theatre, some song mixing)

Handy Features I Want: Swivel Ear Cups, compactible, black in colour, a case would be nice.

Brands I Like: Audio Technica, Shure, or Sennheiser

EDIT: I've decided on the Shure SRH750DJ headphones. Thanks for your help!

Comments

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

I would look into a pair of Shure SRH840

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

I own and would recommend the Audio Technica ATH-M50x. They are very highly rated.

The ear cups swivel, you can fold it to compact it, they are black, and it comes with a carrying bag (not a case per se, but still). They also come with 3 different types of cords that you can change around as you please.

And to top it all off they come in at around $170 USD. Link to Newegg:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA37Z1EC1839&cm_re=ath-m50x-_-0TH-0045-000K4-_-Product

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

i shall leave a final word to those with more experience between all three brands, but i know Sennheiser at least. if you can find stuff in that range from them (my store only carries more expensive stuff) then i could almost say that they will be good headphones.

i'll look around in a few to see if i can find something from them.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, do you want open or closed back headphones?

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

I've figured out the headphones I'm getting. Thanks for your help though.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

What are you getting?

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Shure SRH750DJ: They are good for the purpose I need and some other people at my school who have the m recommend them.

[comment deleted]
  • 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Rhymes with go away

Jk

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube