add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

HELP ! GTX 960 EVGA SSC

mhc
  • 53 months ago

Recently built a computer and have used a GTX 960 EVGA SSC after completing the build and getting to install and run Windows and other basic application etc. However I can't install the drivers for the graphics card from the driver disk or the Nvidia website ! As Nvidia cannot detect the hardware and doesn't even show up in the Windows Device Manager, I'm fairly confident that the card is in the PCI slot and does have power as the cooling fans spin at boot.

Comments

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Is your monitor plugged in to the GPU or the motherboard?

• mhc
  • submitter
  • 53 months ago
  • 1 point

The motherboard as I can't get a display from the graphics card when I plug into it, I can only get a display from the motherboard.

[comment deleted]
  • mhc
  • submitter
  • 53 months ago
  • 1 point

I have changed the bios settings and after changing the bios settings I still can't install the drivers. Furthermore when I'm on the msi bios and I look at the motherboard overview it doesn't detect a graphics card !

• mhc
  • submitter
  • 52 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm having to plug it into the motherboard, when it is plugged in to the graphics card I can't get any output for my display

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

You are aware by plugging the output into your motherboard, your basically not using your GPU at all and only whatever on-board solution you have.

• mhc
  • submitter
  • 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes I am a aware, however I can't get any output from the graphics card at all. I should also point out that I had this problem with the EVGA card and couldn't get it to work, I exchanged it for a MSI 960 4G card thinking that the EVGA card was dead !

• 52 months ago
  • 0 points

What are the rest of your specs. When nothing shows, do you get to the BIOS with the GPU at all or not even that far?

• mhc
  • submitter
  • 52 months ago
  • 1 point

This my build as follows: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Phc7f7

The graphics card doesn't show on the motherboard overview when in the BIOS settings, I have tried to disable the on board graphics and other things to make the card run but to no avail !

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube