add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Batman Tumbler PC - Nvidia 750ti AMD FX-6300

unicykle
  • 51 months ago

Sooo. who built this? Come on, fess up - WHO HERE BUILT THIS??

"Nerd lord at LAN parties" says it all but still, this is still pretty damn awesome.. The workmanship is incredible.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/waterford/desktops/batman-tumbler-pc-nvidia-750ti-amd-fx-6300/1098018622

Must. link. photos. before... ad drops...

I've emailed they guy to put this up as a completed build.. You know, for the record for all mankind.

text from ad for posterity:

"Background

I have stuck mini-itx’s into a bunch of custom made cases before but I wanted something fully functional with a full sized motherboard, so I got my hands on a 1/16 Tyco RC Tumbler and went to work. Pulled the RC components, went to town with the Dremel for a couple of weeks, and then began the planning. I didn’t want a bunch of wires just hanging out the sides so I extended the Motherboard outputs and mounted connectors as stealthily as possible in the rear exhaust and under the rear wing. The USB ports are distributed all around the base, but concealed by the cowl, a single USB was also installed in the rear to allow for a wireless dongle. I engineered the power button so that it is activated by the fuel cap and wired LEDs to act as both power indicators and spotlights. Internally it has two “decks”, the lower houses the GPU (PCIe extension) on shock mounts, vented PSU, Hard Drives and of course the copious amount of wiring. The upper deck is basically the Motherboard and Noctua cooler sitting on a custom alloy mount which reinforced the body and provides directed airflow.

Hardware

Case: Tyco 1/16 Batman Tumbler RC (heavily modified)

Motherboard: Asrock 970 Extreme4 ATX

CPU: AMD FX-6300

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L12

Hard Drive 1: OCZ-ARC 120 Gig SSD

Hard Drive 2: Toshiba 160 Gig 2.5”

RAM: Kingston 8G DDR3 1600

Graphics: Nvidia GTX-750ti

Power Supply: Siverstone ST45SFX 450W

Fans: 1 x 140mm Noctua Redux, 1 x 120mm Noctua, 1 x 92mm Noctua, 2 x 80mm Noctua, 2 x 70mm Arctic Cool

Wireless: Edup 802.11N external dongle

Lighting: 7 x Custom LED (white/red). 1 x NZXT LED strip

External Connections

1 x HDMI

1 x DVDi

1 x VGA

2 x Speaker/Headphones

1 x Ethernet rj45

4 x USB 2

2 x USB 3

Cooling

I vented the lower deck on opposite corners with 2 x 70mm fans (push/pull), vented under the GPU for air pull and mounted the PSU to draw air from under the case and vent out. For the upper deck I dremeled out the “windows” and epoxied in black security mesh, installed 2 x 80mm Noctua fans in pull configuration and threw in a 140mm Noctua fan on a 45 angle to cool both the North and Southbridge while directing air to the pair of 80mm to exhaust

At 25c ambient temp, the CPU Idles at 33c, GPU at 27c. Case temp around 30c

Under worst case load (Furmark and 95Prime/SpeedFan for temps), CPU 53c stable, GPU 71c stable, case 35c.

Noise

The 120/140 fans are CPU controlled (PWN) so in general use are very quiet. The 70/80mm have Noctua low noise adapters. The PC sits 60cm from my seated head level (it’s on a pedestal) and I can just hear a low hum… nothing if there is any background noise. At full power you know it is there, but no worse than a normal case really.

Performance

The FX-6300 is a solid performer and the GTX-750 ti is a great card, so it will nail general duties easily. Gaming… well that’s subjective. I know it maxes out Skyrim and runs Fallout 4 at 60fps (medium) on a 720p monitor; Unigine Heaven benchmark at 89.8 FPS. I have had it running for 30hrs without a break (burn in); no issues. The total power draw is 297 W @ 90% TDP so the PSU has a load of headroom

The Good

It looks AWESOME!

You will be a Nerd lord if you do LAN parties

Imagine it in an office or shop….. nuff said

It is built well with quality parts

I offer ongoing support for any issues

It is upgradable in the future… faster CPU (8320/50/70), more storage, faster memory

Low power

CONS

Cleaning… it will need to be internally cleaned at least once a year; dust kills any PC! That means removing the top; 4 screws, 4 connectors… easy. Putting it back together can be more challenging… all the tabs need to be aligned while you screw it back together. But I am happy to do it with you the first time… if you are local (ish), or by phone.

Replacing anything on the lower deck means removing the top, the motherboard and the mount. But again, I am happy to help with that within reason."

Comments

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

this one is also very nice

a water cooled lamborghini

http://www.overclock.net/t/1452575/build-log-lambo-car-pc

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Wow.. another awesomeness. :D

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

sick! :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube