add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Sennheiser PC 363D vs Audio Technica ath-m50+ModMic 4.0?

alexng30
  • 51 months ago

Hey guys, I was wondering which one you guys think would be the better option for a headset? I game a fair amount so mic is needed especially for skype calls but I also like to listen to music when I'm working or just wanna relax. I've heard good things about both but some people say that the audio on the 363D leaves something to be desired while I've heard nothing but praise for the m50's. Which one do you think would be a better option? Coupled with the modmic, the m50's would be about $185 whereas the 363d's are $200 on amazon. Any info would be great.

Thanks!

Comments

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

personally, i have experience with neither of these models, but all Sennheiser sets that I've used are magnificent. i don't know enough about Audio Technica to say anything good or bad about them

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

I bought a pair of m50 for $80 a few years ago. I would not pay any more than that. They have a forward "in your face" kind of sound that can get fatiguing and the headphone itself is not that comfortable. Poor amount of headband padding, pleather earpads that get hot and sweaty within no time and harden within weeks of use, high clamping force. It has a small soundstage which does not work out well for gaming. In other words if using a pair of headphones with a mic pick something else. All of the sennheisers in that price range share a similar sound and use similar or identical drivers. They are neutral meaning you hear audio the way it was produced and have a relaxed sound that lacks deep or impactful bass.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

This might be an old post, but I thought I would chip in. I have both headphones.

Sound quality : pretty much identical, both sound awesome, maybe the 363 by a small margin (this is with respect to the genre of music I listen to, mainly hard trance and hardstyle) Comfort - 363D by a noticeable margin. The m50s feel tight on my head when I wear them (although admittedly I haven't worn them much, so they aren't worn in, and I've been told I have a large head haha). The 363D were comfortable straight out of the box. Re. the mic on the 363D, I've been told that my voice is loud and clear. I also quite like the flip up - turn off mic feature.

Honestly, given the choice between the two, I'd go with the 363D mainly for the comfort and practicality of the mic.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube