add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

My best mod...

manirelli

48 months ago

Figured I would start this new forum off with something truly impressive. One of my old systems had CF 6950s (unlocked to 6970s) with a Xonar DG inbetween the GPUs. Unfortunately, the top card started to sag and the fan pressed against the PCB on the sound card causing all sorts of nasty sounds and potential damage.

So... I bent a hanger wedged it under the GPU and tied it to my HDD cage. Problem solved.

https://imgur.com/a/vTmUX

Comments

• 48 months ago
  • 5 points

ManirelliTechTips

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 48 months ago
  • 2 points

So... I bent a hanger wedged it under the GPU and tied it to my HDD cage. Problem solved.

funny!! Looks like something I would have done, my 2 builds ago, I had the rosewill Blackhawk and my GPU was sagging, I use like 3 or 4 zipties with the pci-e connector and attached to one of the HDD cages until sag was gone. Didn't look as I had to put the cable routed through the cage but it worked .

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Duct tape solves everything.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

That and velcro (for all your less-permanent modding needs :P )

[comment deleted]
  • 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Haha. I was just joking, but that is some interesting information.

[comment deleted]
  • 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Ghetto mods with Manirelli

[comment deleted by staff]
[comment deleted]
  • 48 months ago
  • 1 point

I get second and third place medals.

[comment deleted]
  • 48 months ago
  • 1 point

I meant second and third place in posting.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube