add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

nzxt noctis 450 airflow questions.. 1st time builder questions..

LiteEmUp
  • 51 months ago

so im running the build below, and im wondering if the airflow would be decent for that build???

i have 5 120mm CoolerMaster JetFlo 120 for my custom laptop cooling pad, and im planning to cannibalize it for use with the tower..

so what kind of setup i'd put the fans to maximize cooling?? im thinking of putting 1jetflo in the bottom of the drive pulling air inside, then the 3 default locations replaced by the jetflo pulling air inside, 1 jetflo in the back that pulls air out, and 2 (likely the default fans) on top that pull air out

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor $399.99 @ Newegg
CPU Cooler CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler $34.50 @ Newegg
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $119.99 @ Newegg
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory $89.99 @ Newegg
Storage Mushkin Reactor 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $85.88 @ OutletPC
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $51.88 @ OutletPC
Storage Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $116.49 @ OutletPC
Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card $656.98 @ Newegg
Case NZXT Noctis 450 ATX Mid Tower Case $136.99 @ SuperBiiz
Power Supply XFX TS 750W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply $88.99 @ SuperBiiz
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $1791.68
Mail-in rebates -$20.00
Total $1771.68
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-20 06:39 EST-0500

Comments

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

this case comes with 3 120mm fans on front panel and one 140mm on rear panel. IMO that should give you sufficient airflow inside this case.

im thinking of putting

you could try that and it would be fine but jetflos would be loud unless you run them at around 50%.

I would probably change all fans to 140mm to have a more silent build as this move more air at less rpms. You can mount 2 on the front and 1 or 2 on top panel and it already has one on the rear. Front intaking and(top and rear) exhausting.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

idk if the jetflos are too loud or not... on my custom laptop cpoler, the 5 jetflos(using the max rpm) definitely sounded like a hair dryer when your nearby.. but walking outside of my room even with doors open, i can barely here the jetflos.. so i guess they are not too loud as i thought... too bad the noctuas are too expensive for me lol

for those who have owned or currently own a noctis 450, does it provide adequae cooling while gaming??? someone told me that with the build im planning to do, the 6700k+980ti, the noctis 450 isnt going t oprovide me adequate cooling while under load...

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

but walking outside of my room even with doors open, i can barely here the jetflos.. so i guess they are not too loud as i thought.

you can hear them out of your room... they are loud. I can put my ear on the side panel of my case and i can't hear my fans, the only thing i can hear is the fan on my PSU, which i want to mod with a better fan but don't want to void the warranty.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

someone told me that with the build im planning to do, the 6700k+980ti, the noctis 450 isnt going t oprovide me adequate cooling while under load...

i don't believe that... Sure that the enthoo pro would be a much better choice IMO. I don't see a problem with the CPU as you can use a radiator or a cooler up to 180mm and with fans on the front, rear and top there will be adequate airflow. The GPU might run hotter but if you use 2 good 140mm fans on front that should help. There are much worst scenarios if you consider some mini itx cases.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube