add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Country setting struggles

Xorex64

45 months ago

This always buggs me. On PCPP, when i go to the forums and see a link to a build i want to see, i open the link in another tab and i see the prices, on an imaginary build, i saw the skylake CPU, and saw that it was around 260 dollars, it felt like a dream come true, a skylake for just 20 bucks more than a 4460, but then i saw the merchant, it was amazon. "This is strange..." I thought to myself "amazon only sells at the lowest price if its on a huge sale or its the only merchant selling the product" so i went to the country settings at the top-right corner, and low and behold, it said "the god-damn fricking United States of America" i was like "ARRRRGGGGHHHHGHGHHGGGGJJBJHFHTCYU!" I set it to my country, canada, and do you know what it said? It said 329 FRIPPING DOLLARS AT VUUGO! IDONT EVEN HAVE A VUUGO ACCOUNT! this happens almost everytime i tap (im on an ipad using the desktop version) on a link, 96.8% of the time, its not canada. No hate to any american PCPP user out there, i just want to let you guys know how i feel.

Comments

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Canadians get the short end of every deal. Just move to the us cheaper and better quality of life. I went to Canada saw it all and never will return no reason to.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, I imagine that would be pretty annoying. I once had my prices accidentally set to AUD and I didn't notice for a few days...

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Lol

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

How do you like the topic description?

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

So I make my build guide then I'm like "hey what'll my build be in American (Canadian) so I switch and its 1450 from 1800 rip wallet

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Lol

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I guess this isnt very relevant any more, i barely do any work with my personal lists, and most people in the OT and PLOW are in america, so I just have it constantly set to america

[comment deleted]
  • 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Last time i checked, 1$ cad is about ~75 cents american

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

How do you like the topic description?

[comment deleted]
  • 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Canadians are soopposed to be nice, so

PLEASE shut upnoharshfeelings

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]
  • 45 months ago
  • 1 point

But canada has free healthcare (or atleast ontario does, not sure about the other provinces.)

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Alberta does too

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

What about the rest of canada, do you have reletives living in canada outside of ontario ot alberta?

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Ya I think BC has it too not sure though

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

We also have: maple syrup

One unified product sales tax (its called HST, or hsrmonized sales tax)

No death penalty (that was abolished in around 1935-ish)

And constitutional monarchy (we has a goverment and prime minister, and the queen of england is equally our queen too. But the constitution limits what she can do, so she is more of a figure head.)

We have a house of commons where a person of nobility ( or just a monarch) Cannot enter.

Poutine. Just, poutine.

Matthew santoro, leendab, drake, IIsuperwomanII, russel Peterr. Pierre trudeau.

Bacon, coffee, hot showers, and wifi. You know, the essentials.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Move to the better more free country, eh? bald eagle screeches

The Aussie Wedge-tailed eagle eats the Bald eagle for breakfast ;)

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Our uranium deposits say otherwise ;)

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Hehehehehehe. We don't need nukes we have dangerous wildlife.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube