add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

White DDR4 RAM?

EvZ_2
  • 55 months ago

Whats the best White DDR4 RAM that is currently available? I need to build this weekend and need to get White RAM ASAP.

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2x8GB) due to it having a white PCB and White heat-sink - however it is not released yet - worth the wait? https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY-194-CR&groupid=701&catid=8&subcat=2553

Or

TeamGroup Vulcan 16GB (4x4GB) - which unfortunately has a 4 x 4GB set so harder to upgrade in the future and it has a black PCB with White Heatsink https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY-064-TG

Which one should I get - or any other suggestions?

Comments

• 55 months ago
  • 3 points

I'd say Geil Super Luce. The RAM is white, but you can choose an LED heat spreader for it. There's red, blue, I think something else.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

I would go with crucial which is cheaper!!!

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Just found this as an alternative - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY-000-PR&groupid=701&catid=8&subcat=2553

White Panram Ninja - unfortunately its a 4 x 4GB kit but it will have to do because the crucial is not available

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Get the crucial sticks, it's a well established company.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

had to go with the Panram Ninja 4 x 4Gb set as I was desperate to build this weekend ha ha - they look good though tbh

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

TeamGroup just because I havn't seen the crucial memory go over 2400mhz. IMO...

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

You could get Corsair Dominator Platinum then add Corsair Do​minator Pl​atinum Lig​ht Bar Upg​rade Kit with a white led.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Thats so expensive though.......

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

yep its expensive but some people like to pay for some bling bling ;)

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

just like the dominator its expensive and the RAM cooler really has no use. More bling bling ;)

• 55 months ago
  • 0 points

White RAM, Black RAM, Red RAM, Yellow RAM...they're all just RAM, no need to be racist. ;)

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Personally, I would go with a Black or Green ram. That way, if you look at it and it's Red, Yellow or White, you know you've overclocked way too much... :P

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

don't forget you need a side panel window....

• 55 months ago
  • 3 points

If it gets hot enough, the case will change color as well... :P

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

The whole build is white so I need white RAM :)

• 55 months ago
  • 0 points

Unless you're going for the color scheme, RAM is RAM. All you need is any Non-ECC RAM that has XMP and you're good to go. I'd just go with the 2x8s because that leaves you with 2 slots to upgrade if you ever need, and you won't get any performance increases with quad-channel RAM since consumer CPUs don't utilize the feature. (Remember you have to get a Pro version of Windows to be able to support more than 16GB RAM.)

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

I did not know i needed windows pro version - damn might have to upgrade now

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh, woops, I thought Windows 10 was like the other versions, where it only supported up to 16GB. Sorry. That might explain the $200 pricing...

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube