add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Success... sort of... regarding first power on

tomkolarich
  • 58 months ago

Before I forget here's my system build - http://pcpartpicker.com/p/J2Hbgs

I pressed the on button and all the fans started spinning and the little green light lit up on the mobo... but that was about it. :(

Troubleshooting questions - 1. I've got the monitor dvi cable plugged into one of the two Sapphire graphics card dvi plugs and get nothing but a blank screen. Does it matter which one? Should it be plugged into the dvi motherboard plug instead? 2. All along one side of the mobo, below where you access the cable connections, I have several yellow lights lit up. None are blinking but I wanted to ask, are they supposed to be lit up? 3. I didn't hear any beeps from the POST. 4. The only sound I think I hear is the cd drive checking to see if a disc has been inserted. The Asus user guide doesn't say so but should I have the system CD inserted at this point?

Comments

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

First thing is to make sure you have your video card plugged in to the PCI slot correctly. Second make sure you have the power connectors for the video card are connected correctly. Finally check you GPU manual and make sure you are connected to the right dvi port.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube