add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

MIcro Stuttering/Freezing in some games

DannyRyu
  • 58 months ago

my fps would go from a solid 59 to 60 than down to like 15~20 and than back to the normal 59~60 fps. Could it be a bottleneck from my CPU or the fact I have a 500W PSU? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/JZcZmG

Comments

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

What are the games?

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Insurgency, is one of them but I'm sure it happens with others, just wondering if there is a bottle neck or something.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Nothing that I can see. Now i know this might seem odd but could you monitor your ram usage and tell me what it is at when you start to notice the drops?

• Computer ram not vram
  • 58 months ago
  • 1 point

hmm, could be it, I have 1 stick of 1600 ram and I'm not utilizing the double bandwidth.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Right I'm talking about capacity not bandwidth.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay I'll look now, but Could the i3 possibly not have the ability to run enough process so it slows the game down so the OS can do things?

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

"well the total usage is like 7 gb including the OS and all"

No game on earth will use that much RAM including everything you have running in the background. Something for sure is not right with your RAM.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube